Today, there are numerous data recovery programs that you can freely find on the Internet. There are free programs for this purpose as well as paid products. In this article, we have collected overviews of the best data recovery tools 2021 that you can get to download and test for free.
Disk Drill Data Recovery (Windows & Mac)
Disk Drill Data Recovery is ranked among the number one in the list of best programs for secure data recovery. The program enables you to recover data even if it is faulty, illegible, or has lost its partition. It is safe to say that this program is the finest among the free ones.
Recover any removed files, photos, videos, music, documents from internal and external drives, USB drives, and SD cards. The program is appropriate for both Android and iOS systems.
- Restore up to 500 MB of removed files for free with Disk Drill for Windows
- The software has two extra functions that not every program can boast, these functions will help prevent data destruction. The first, Recovery Vault, adds an extra layer to your Recycle Bin and backs up references to deleted files. The second feature guarantees restoration by saving a copy of files relocated to a folder you’ve preselected
- Use Disk Drill to make image files such as ISO, IMG, or DMG.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard not only restores deleted files efficiently but also has an intuitive interface similar to Windows Explorer and a simple 3-stage data restoration process. The software can also restore up to 500 MB of deleted files from various sources, but it is unknown if it is as successful at recovering partitions as Disk Drill.
- You can categorize remote files using tags for easier recoveries
- There is an opportunity to restore up to 2 GB of data for free by pressing the “Share” button.
- Available for Windows and Mac
This software to restore deleted files is the top one for the Windows system. You can retrieve even those files that have been tagged as free space with its help. Recuva is accessible in both installable and portable form, which is an advantage because you don’t have to take the risk of rewriting data that is still on your HDD. If you buy the paid version, more capabilities are accessible to you
- Free limitless data recovery in the default version
- Deep search mode for inaccessible files is present
- App is accessible in a portable format
TestDisk Data Recovery
This free program is for partition repair only but works to support many operating systems and file systems.
- Has a bootable version
- Great operating system and file system support
- Specialized software tool, more suitable for professional users than for beginners
The last point is since TestDisk is an unusual program for recovering accidentally deleted files. If an inexperienced user uses it for this purpose, the program can accidentally damage potentially recoverable data, and then it will be much harder to recover.